Facebook RSS

For Colored Girls

Wednesday 27 September 2017

Inspirational Monologue

GIVE ME A CHILDHOOD EXPERIENCE IN WHICH YOU FELT INSECURE AND NOT CONFIDENT :) LETS CHAT <3

Image result for natural hair kids and mother art pictures


BABY YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!


Mommy why aren't I beautiful?”  She whispered  . As she sat between her legs, combing her long natural kinky Afro textured hair  with each strand stands confidently in it spring like helix shape. 

If only that confidence mirrored that little girl.

Her eyes spies beauty of euro-centrism flaunting  around from on the media to on the streets and she suddenly feels like a minority, unaccepted and a weak sense of  belonging.
How do I create confidence into a child who was birthed in a world where a wider European culture is shown  as pre-eminent?
How can she see that her eyes represent her ancestral fights for rights and freedom  for equity?
That failed as they sailed along the coast line with chains bound on their ankle  as they lay and packed like boxes on boats and sold.
How is she to go out into the world and boast her intelligence and sow what her ancestors reaped
For they wept for a chance to become something.
Now this is the time my child.
Our time.
 Parents your time to show every child that can reach for the stars, follow their dreams, stay focus, believe and achieve.
MY BLACK GIRLS AND BOYS.
YOU ARE AMAZING.
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL.
YOU ARE BRIGHT.
YOU ARE GOING TO BE ANYTHING YOU PUT YOUR MIND AND HEART.
YOU ARE GOING TO BE SUCCESSFUL.
YOU ARE GOING TO ACCOMPLISH YOUR DREAMS.
KEEP SHOOTING FOR THE STARS.

By Jameela Manswell.









19 comments:

  1. As a pre-teen, I was teased about the thickness of my hair and i felt that I didn't belong unless I had straight hair .I felt as though there was no proper representation of beautiful black ladies while growing up ,the European features was always praised .This poem speaks to me on another level,in which I appreciate you for embracing and motivating us as black people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a very inspirational post... i have a daughter and i always want her to embrace her ethnicity because regardless of her skin tone and hair texture i will always tell her shes beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was motivating and an inspiration for the younger ones...i experience this at a private school where they picked and laughed at a little girl only because her hair was afro textured hence the reason why she was differentiated from the other kids. this was so heart breaking to see .I'm really glad that this was raised so our upcoming generation would feel confident and walk the streets with their head held high..keep it coming beautyonblack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its up to you to make that small difference by showing love. next time throw a compliment her way and make her smile..thanks for the comment <3

      Delete
  4. I came over this blog when I was searching for a reading on black women explaining beauty. It's a beautiful read and words to take into consideration. Well done beautyomblack from another black sister !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am glad you like it :). stick around for more my sister

      Delete
  5. this is very motivating for all black girls and boys and very Encouraging for all black women to encourage there kids to also be successful in life. LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  6. My skin, the epitome of midnight. My eyes piercing the soul of anyone who dared to look at me......I stood in solace but my smile contradicted my grim appearance.....my smile spoke love and warmth, my lips ready to break into the smile with the simplest invitation. My primary school playground was a contradiction to its name. It was a war zone, survival of the fittest if I may. I was chosen last for games, cliques and teams but I was the chairperson when it came to ridicule. I spent at least four years feeling lesser than my peers. But now? ha! I swim in a pool of my own complexion, I embrace it, for now I am the epitome of a woke black woman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. waww you are something <3 thanks for this.

      Delete
  7. Wow powerful. need to have that self love and confidence

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very inspirational! Let's all teach our black females to love themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being black was shameful for me i never liked my colour i wished to b like my other siblings due to d environment i was in i never embraced my beauty until i had 14yrs i was tortured laughed at n neglected i was fake if assimilate ppl say my success was accidental but today i stand strong wit motivation given by my aunt black is beautiful its colour is strong dere isnt anything dat could mess up a beautiful black woman i love me love my colour being unique everything they said i wasnt i am now a beautiful intelligent strong determined proud
    black woman.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love my hair ❤️. It took me a while to embrace my natural hair texture. I’ve learned my hair. Learned techniques. Learned to style and care for my hair type properly and I’ve started to watch it flourish. So goodbye to the creamy crack (relaxer) as I embrace those beautiful, kinky, coils that make me the beautiful black woman that I am today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post is so uplifting! I neeeded this. I look forward to your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Once we get beyond the color of one's skin and the texture of one's hair...then we begin to see what we really ought to see.. a beautiful individual, created by the hands of the Eternal Father.

    ReplyDelete

LIVE LOVE LAUGH

Inspirational Monologue

GIVE ME A CHILDHOOD EXPERIENCE IN WHICH YOU FELT INSECURE AND NOT CONFIDENT :) LETS CHAT <3 BABY YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Mommy why ...